Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My Name is Mike, and I'm a Google-Whore

Hello, my name is Mike, and I'm a Google-Whore.
Yes, I admit it.
There are millions of us out there, of course.
It's our dirty little secret.

I am in a race
with every other Michael McCafferty on the planet
(and there are a surprising number of us)
to rise to the top of the search engine pages
when anyone looks for our name.

There are so many
people named Michael McCafferty:
a Canadian politician,
a movie star,
a colorectal surgeon,
a tattoo artist,
a cunning linguist,
a lawyer in Australia,
a Canadian rockabilly double bassist,
a gaggle of Micks in County Donegal in Ireland...
I could go on and on,
for our numbers are legion.

If only I were named something like
Framistan Rumplestiltskin
then I would be a Google-Whack
and my life would be so much simpler.
I could rest easily in my hammock,
knowing that there are no others
plotting to overtake my top position in search results.

I am thinking of joining a 12-step program,
just as soon as I beg one more link back to my site,
or find some way to rig the system in my favor.
I know those others with similar names
are doing the same...
Oh, there is no sleep for the weary.

Won't you help me and put a link to
www.MichaelMcCafferty.com
on your website?

Oh, God, deliver me from this affliction!

(ok, for those of you who can not sense sarcasm,
this is what it looks like)

(blog top)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home