Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Life Lived Perfectly: The Ideal Day, Every Day

It may take me a few words to get to the point,
because it is important for you to understand first
that this story is probably the most important one
I have ever told.

I have been keeping a secret for years.
The life I've been living is far more than it may seem.
And it is the product of a plan
I have been working on for more than 20 years.

In 1983 I started working on a plan.
This plan, when you learn of it,
may seem completely outrageous,
and impossible for any human to achieve,
and even if possible to achieve it one time,
it may be incomprehensible to achieve it day after day
for years on end.

I must now confess that this is, in fact, what I have done.

The goal that I have achieved is
beyond the realm of human experience.
For if it is the human condition to suffer,
and I do not suffer,
then I have achieved inhuman status.
If it is human to have needs, to want,
to feel any negative emotion,
and I feel only the most joyous of emotions,
then I have trancended the human condition.

In fact, my hours, my days, each and every one of them,
pass in complete comfort and joy.
Each day is different of course,
and each day is perfect.

I can sense your disbelief.
But do read on...

Such a goal, at the time I conceived of it,
also seemed to me to be outrageous, impossible.
However, I adopted it as a goal
knowing that the closer I got to it,
the better things would get.
Even when I miss my goal, I still win.
And, I like a good challenge.

The idea was to see if I could live every day as an Ideal Day.
Each day so filled to capacity with Time Well Spent.
A day so wondrous that if it were my Last Day,
that I would depart from this world with a smile
for having lived just one such Ideal Day.

And to do this, every day, day after day, all year long,
for as long as humanly (inhumanly) possible.

I felt it to be a worthy and unique goal.
I am unaware of anyone else
who has had such a goal.
And certainly unaware of anyone who has achieved it.
And that's a major reason why
I have not mentioned this to anyone else.

Another reason is because I felt a bit superstitious.
I didn't want to jinx the string of Ideal Days I have going.
But I feel I have to take that risk.
Here's why:
First of all, I am human, and all things must come to an end.
It is important for me to pass on
my discovery of this Ultimate Good Thing,
and how to achieve it.

If more people could trade their lives of need,
disease, pain, dependence, and fear
for lives of plenty, good health, pleasure, independence,
and confidence,
the world would be a better place,
there would be an end to hunger and war,
there would be so much less suffering.
We could live up to our Potential.

So it is with risk of jinxing my own Perfect Life
that I reveal what I've got going,
and how I got it going,
and how you can get it going for you too.

No charge.

Let us begin.
First of all, the disclaimers.
  1. Your mileage may vary.
  2. Some restrictions may apply.
  3. Assembly required.
  4. Results take time.
  5. No refunds. That's because it's free, remember?

Step one is to define Perfection.
Everyone's idea of perfection is different.
It's important to write it down
because it helps to get it clear in your head
when you write it down.
It also helps to simplify things,
and makes it easy to make improvements as you go along.
And if you write it down,
you will know when you have achieved it.

For speedy results,
here's an advanced hint:
"If you can't be with the one you love,
love the one you're with."
There is a Zen principle that says that we
do not need to seek happiness.
We are already happy,
or priorly established in that which is Happiness Itself.
It is un-Zen to go in search of Stuff
as the pre-requisite to an Ideal Life.

However, this advanced hint
will be disregarded by virtually everyone,
and certainly I learned of it only
after many years in the pursuit of Stuff.
The Stuff in my case was toys like
Ferraris and Airplanes and Big Houses.
I went for, and got, all that Stuff.
And don't get me wrong, it was good, and fun
but it can get lots better.

So if your idea of perfection includes a few toys,
then by all means add them to your list,
because you can have all you want.

And with your thinking of the Stuff you will Have,
think deeply on the things which will be gone from your life:
worry, need, stress, etc.
Think deeply on how you want to Feel.
Think of the Feelings you want to have,
and the ones you want to be gone from your life.

Begin immediately to move in the direction of your Plan.
Let me remind you of these immortal words of Thoreau:

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined,
he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
He will put some things behind,
will pass an invisible boundary;
new, universal, and more liberal laws
will begin to establish themselves around and within him;
or old laws will be expanded and
interpreted in his favor in a more liberal sense,
and he will live with the license of
a higher order of beings.


and these words by Goethe:

Begin It Now!

Until one is committed, there is hesitancy,
the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation),
there is one elementary truth,
the ignorance of which
kills countless ideas and splendid plans:
That the moment one definitely commits oneself,
then Providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help one
that would never otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events issues from the decision,
raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents
and meetings and material assistance, which no man
could have dreamed would have come his way.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has Genius, Power and Magic in it.
Begin it now!


Some people need a higher authority than someone such as me.
I hope the above advice supports my case.

So with your plan of Perfection in your hands,
start immediately creating your life to include
as much as possible of the way you want to feel,
and avoid the negative feelings.
Repeat.

Periodically you will want to make changes to the plan.
That's a good thing.
You're learning.

That it.

I know, you feel cheated.
You need more details.
You need some Secret of the Ages.
Some magical dust, or ointment.
You want to buy something to make it easy, and instant.

I'd like that too.
But such is the stuff of illusion.
What I speak of is as real the sun setting every day.
And just as reliable, I've found.

It performs according to the Laws of the Universe.
It is based on the Scientific Method.
Cause and Effect.
Without Fail.
I have experienced it so, and do, every day.

Right now, my Ideal Day is coming to a close.
The hour is late, and I am looking forward to a good night of sleep.
The final reward for having lived another Ideal Day.

One of the more spectacular accomplishments of today
is that I have written this confession.
My gift to the human race.
I will sleep soundly.

We'll talk more on this again, I hope.
But if not, you have the general idea.
Good luck.


Click here for a free, easy, and highly effective System
which will help you solve problems and achieve goals.

(blog top)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home