Thursday, April 27, 2006

Customer Service - How Important Is It?

Here's an email I sent today to
Jaguar Kearny Mesa (San Diego)
and to Jaguar USA:


I stopped in today to look at the new cars. I have an XK8 convertible that I bought there in 2001, and although it has only 31,000 miles, I had been thinking of upgrading to an XK-R, the new model. Alternatively, I have also been looking at a new Aston Martin.

I spent about 20 minutes walking around the dealership, looking at various models, both Aston Martin and the Jag, inside the showrooms and the used car lot, and was completely ignored by everyone there. Absolutely no recognition whatsoever, even by the two receptionists in the showroom, or the two sales types who were chatting with each other in the office. It was as though I were invisible!

I would think that you would have a more finely tuned customer service awareness, but it seems that is not the case. And so, it appears that my next new car will not be a Jag, or an Aston Martin. But, based on my experience today, I'm sure you won't mind at all...

Here's the reply from Jaguar USA:

Dear Michael McCafferty,

Thank you for contacting Jaguar Cars.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your negative experience with Crush Jaguar. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to learn of problems that exist and of the improvements that are needed in order to better serve our current and prospective customers. We regret that your experience with Crush Jaguar has tarnished your opinion of the Jaguar brand and further that we have missed the opportunity to retain your loyalty.

I am addressing your concerns internally and, in addition, have contacted the management at Crush Jaguar, advising them of your experience. In the meantime please be assured that you are a valued customer and we truly apologize for what has transpired. Should you have any additional questions or concerns or if there is anything else with which we may assist you, please do not hesitate to advise. I thank you again for taking the time to make us aware of this issue and for your patience while I responded to your inquiry. Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

Heather Baez
Jaguar Cars

If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-4-JAGUAR, option 9, or by e-mail.

Here's my reply to Jaguar USA:

Thank you for your FORM LETTER reply to my REAL email complaining about the utter lack of customer service at my local dealer. Now let me demonstrate another reason why it's so bad... they must have learned customer service from YOU (Jaguar USA)!

First of all, you refer to your dealer in San Diego as "Crush Jaguar". That dealer has been going by the name of "Cush Jaguar" for years ("Cush", not Crush). You would think your computers would have it right by now.

Additionally, it isn't even "Cush Jaguar" anymore. It was sold a while ago, and that's probably one of the reasons why the service is so non-existent, but that certainly is no reason why YOU (Jaguar USA) should be so oblivious to the name of your dealer, or why you can not even answer a longtime (since 1967) Jaguar customers' email with a personal reply.

I expected more from Jaguar. I suppose I was wrong. And so ends our long term relationship...

Michael McCafferty,
Del Mar, CA



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home